5 December 2012

Capes

Like all oldschool fantasy heroes they are all wearing capes. I don't know why I have chosen green twice. But that's the color I know how to handle due to my Woodelf army.

I used 2 rather opposite techniques for the shading. The bright green cape had already a nice shading after the 1st Layer was applied. So I thinned down a darker green and applied it to the deeper areas. BTW, the same technique was used on the red cape.

The dark green cape was a complete turn over. I did not like the color as seen on a previous blog post. I started dark. Then I added brighter stripes to add highlights. Usually I have trouble with this Pretty ccommon technique. But I am really satisfied with the result. I forgot to check, what I was told how the cape should be colored. It should be ecru colored. I admit, that I have no experience with shading of that color group. The result shows, that it was a good idea to do it in green.

The brown cape is just darkened with black ink/wash. It has still nice highlights but on this photo you cannot see this. You may have noticed the new base fr Girvin. I removed the sprue part and drilled a needle hole in his feet. Then I took a regular pinning needle and glued it into the hole. The needle broke already so he is not such high anymore. But he still jumps higher than before :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stay polite, please